Monday, January 23, 2012

There's A First Time For Everything;

Today was a bit of a bust, and a plus all in one. Went errand-running with my mom, hoping to just get my ID replaced, and my Social Security card situation at least dealt with, but I couldn't do either today. Stupid licensing offices and their tendencies of being closed on Mondays. Without my ID, can't really do anything right now.

Even after all of that, I landed myself with a job. My mom had some grunt work that needs to be done, so 10 hours a week, I'm doing whatever she tells me to. She made me realize that I can't just sit down and wait for something to happen. I have to go looking for it. Making excuses and telling myself I'll do it later won't work.

"Take the words 'but' and 'try' out of your vocabulary. Replace them with 'and' and 'will'."
"Every day, write down five things you're grateful for."

No comments:

Post a Comment